AHS seniors discuss Life of Pi's issues related both to the book and to their lives.

Friday, September 29, 2006

SURVIVOR Reflection

Did your team outwit, outplay, and outlast? I hope you enjoyed your Homecoming Week in English Literature. Here is what I observed: healthy competition; scouring our books finding information; analysis of psychology and survival; willingness to be "marked" as part of your team; encouragment to read, to study, to get the right answers; just some plain 'ol fun (smiles, laughter, and true enjoyment of your classmates). Thank you for being such great sports and committing to this competition. I will be adding some pictures from our last 2 days of competition. Stay tuned...

For this post, please respond thoughtfully regarding how our competition related to Life of Pi, how you felt about the competition, whether it encouraged you to get through the largest portion of the reading, or any other comments you would like to share regarding our competition.

6 Comments:

Blogger Davis said...

We liked the Survivor activity because it helped us through the large reading section. We had the chance to get to know our classmates. We got to play fun activities that kept us interested. It made us read the section because we didn't want to let our team down. We should do these types of activities more.
---Posted by Melissa B. and Lauren F.

2:31 PM

 
Blogger kirk said...

I enjoyed the survivor activity, it did encourage me to read and get through the book. It was an excellent group activity I learned from.

7:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the survivor activity. It was fun to play games in class that still related to the book we are reading. It helped me understand better what was going on with the chapters we went through. It made me so very angry when we lost at the last minute but it was a fun time!

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Jared Bloch said...

The Life of Pi Survivor competition was beneficial to my overall grade, however, I feel that the competition was not beneficial to grasping the meaning of themes and symnbols in Pi. The competition definately could have been changed so that the people who read and understand the book would have benefitted. I feel that the competitions were very vague and didn't allow the people who were more qualified to win win. It was fun though.

1:58 PM

 
Blogger NathanK said...

From the stand point of having a fun week to get away from the usual class work this was a great idea! I didnt feel i learned anymore about the book by participating in the challenges though. Most seemed distantly related to the book without enhancing my understanding of the deeper meanings in The Life of Pi.

10:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe that the survivor challenge was a good way to experience parts of Life of Pi. In doing the activities, we were able to draw connections between real life and the book. I also think the reward for winning the challenge was good because it motivated people to do their best.

10:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home